Job Detail: Personal Trainer
Only registered candidates can reply to Jobs.
Personal Trainers - Careers at Sea
The Personal Trainer is certified to lead classes and perform Personal Training sessions on board. They are fitness professionals with extensive experience in the fitness field. The Personal Trainer must be knowledgeable of all fitness offerings at the spa, hold current certifications. They must possess excellent customer services skills in order to provide the highest quality environment and instruction that will meet the needs of our guests in the area of health and exercise
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform sessions with total focus on safety, attention and timeliness.
• Provide consistent professional fitness class and personal training sessions in accordance with spa protocols and accepted cruise line practices.
• Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
• Properly care for equipment and maintain fitness equipment.
• Maintain a clean, well-organized and stocked fitness area.
• Have complete knowledge and understanding of all fitness offerings while educating and training guests in these areas.
• Perform administrative duties in a complete, organized and accurate manner.
• Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa or fitness area that require attention.
• Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, seminars and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
• Handle guests' questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
• Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
• Possess ability to work without direct supervision.
• Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
• Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
• Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
• Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
• Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
• Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer skills
• Must be able to present information in front of a large group of people
• Must be a team player.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Must have a recognized National Certification in personal training, preferably with diplomas in yoga, and Pilates. An exercise to music qualification is preferred but not essential. You must have a minimum of 1 year's industry experience, 6 months of which must include personal training clients. The spa industry provides some of the most exciting professions today! You have been carefully selected to represent this department because of your customer service abilities, enthusiasm, professional appearance, knowledge of health and fitness, technical know-how and ability to make fitness fun and rewarding. We hope you will find your career here very rewarding and challenging.
As a Personal Trainer you are responsible for offering assistance to all guests, maintaining a clean and well-stocked group exercise and workout area, while providing a fun, informative and safe workout that exceeds all cruise guest expectations. Your interaction with our guests will help determine whether they want to return to our spa and recommend us to their friends and family. We are committed to providing our guests with exceptional and friendly service while consistently exceeding their expectations. Our goal is to convey a sense of professionalism and efficiency, while giving our guests that personal touch they have come to expect from Steiner Spa's